CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Sunday, November 9, 2008

Potato Cheese Soup

By Lynsie Smith

On medium low heat in a 3 quart sauce pan sauté:
4 TB Butter
½ C Finely Diced Yellow Onion
½ C Finely Diced Celery


Add:
2 Cans Chicken Broth (14.5 oz)
1/4 C.Water
4 1/2C. ish cubed red potatoes
Place on medium low heat and cook until potatoes are very soft and tender.


When potatoes are done add:
4 Chicken Bouillon Cubes
Cook until cubes have been dissolved.
Mash the potatoes slightly, leaving most of them in chunks.


Reduce heat and add:
2 C. Half and Half
3 (rounded)TB cornstarch (more if still runny)


Stir mixture, and add:
8 oz Shredded Sharp Cheddar Cheese (or more if you like cheese like me!)
Stir until cheese is completely melted and dissolved into mixture.


Add:
Carrots, sliced (as many as you want) I steamed them before I added them.
Bacon, cooked and torn up (again as much as you want)


Let soup simmer very slowly for 20 - 30 minutes taking care not to let soup scorch. When ready to serve, garnish with shredded cheese and maybe a some parsley.


Can be doubled and frozen.
(I got the original recipe from the Food and Garden Dailies blog, but modified it a bit)

1 comments:

Sarah said...

I tried this and my family loved it! I actually substituted milk instead of half and half, and it was plenty thick and creamy.

Thanks for the great recipes!